Saturday, November 26, 2011

Randomness in no particular order

I realized that I am the worst blogger, but I have finally accepted why. Each week I think of all these things that I want to blog about, and when I finally get the time to sit down to blog, too much time has passed and there is too much to blog about. At that point, I get overwhelmed and then I just don't blog. Until a day like today comes along and I decide to blog a years worth of stuff in one sitting and then I'm blogged out for the entire year. Whew, just thinking about it makes me tired. So, here we go...

So, we moved into our house in December (2010) and we have our very own pear tree. I was super excited and decided to try to can my very own pears. I came home from work one day and just decided that I was going to can all of them that night.

Word to the wise, canning takes longer than you think.

You have to de-core and peel each fruit and then make the juice, process it, etc. After I finished, I went to bed and all night I heard them popping and making these terrible noises and I was so sad because I thought that none of them were going to work and we would have to eat a million pears in a few days so they wouldn't go rotten. Apparently, the lids pop and it all worked but here is the product of my hard work. 12 cans, probably lame, but I was happy!!

Nursery is the best calling EVER!! Here are some of our cute nursery kids from my parents ward. I miss them. What calling can you hop around to music and eat Bugles? Loved it!





I am a couponer. I have actually really gotten into couponing. I am not one of those crazies, no offense, with their huge binder and 10 carts but I use coupons and I love it! This was something like $175 worth of groceries for $35. How cool is that?



So, Mark and I were parents for a weekend and we took my brother Nathan to Vegas for a soccer tournament. We realized that we are terrible parents. We reserved the cheapest hotel, "The Golden Spike," need I say more? My brother was scared for his life the whole time. I don't recommend it.



We decided to go to IHOP for breakfast the morning of his championship game and by the time we got the food, ate it, and finished, it was only 30 mins before he needed to be at the game. He ate somewhere around 7 pancakes, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, eggs....he was soooo sick. I felt bad.



He took first though and we were sooooo proud!!


Side note: The Run for Lindsey was such a success and we raised over $10,000. Thanks for all of those who helped and participated!

1 comment:

  1. I wish that I knew how to be a couponer, good for you, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete