Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ecolife

So there I was, driving on the freeway, on my way to work.  I had been following this truck with a flat bed trailer for most of the time but never really paid attention to what was on that lovely trailer.  There was a slight funny smell but I wasn't alarmed because a lot of the time you can smell the garbage dumbs or whatever else they've been cooking in Pleasant Grove.

I then noticed things bouncing on the trailer and actually looked at what was on that thing. To my surprise, it was heaped with dead animals. Nope, they weren't tied down and nope, they weren't covered. Heads were hanging out of the sides and all. How I didn't notice this before is probably worrisome! I then watched the reactions of those around me when they realized what was going on and I definitely had my laughs for the next month.

I've always wondered what happens to the animals that are hit and you find them laying on the side of the freeway. You might see the same animal there for days and then they are magically gone another. Well, that's where our handy Ecolife comes in.  They are the team that drives around and picks up our helpless critters. I wanted to do a shout out to our friends at Ecolife, "Thank you for keeping our roads clean of road kill, but maybe, just maybe, a tarp and rope would do a lot of good!" Just a thought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment